Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Bathroom

If I had to make a home out of any single room in a house, it would have to be the bathroom. The bathroom is the single most useful room in the house and I think that it's secretly everyone's favorite...
Look, if you simply purchase a mini fridge/freezer and a hot plate, you're totally set. You've got running water from not one, but two (or sometimes three) sources and you've got electricity.
Now ideally if I had to set up residence in a bathroom, I'd like to have a bathroom that has a shower and a bathtub separately (and a Jacuzzi, but it's not entirely necessary... but it would be pretty sweet.). This way I could reserve the shower for all bathing purposes and keep the tub set up as a bed.
If you've ever passed out in a bathtub or just slept in one because you thought it would be fun, you probably know that it's really not the most comfortable experience.
But I've got it covered.
Just pimp that tub out! All you have to do is stack foam mats (Tempur-pedic, waddup!) up in the tub to fill it in or use pillows or whatever you want. Personally, I'd probably try to get a small waterbed mattress to fill the tub with just to be ironic.
Note: This would probably be an issue for taller people because they might not fit into the tub comfortably, but we're talking about me and I'm small so it works out.
Then I'd just get a power strip plugged in and I'd be able to hook up my snow cone maker, my bubble machine, and a sick sound system (because the bathroom is the best place to jam out).
So the bathroom has living potential, but why not the kitchen or the bedroom? Well, that's simple... the bathroom is simply more awesome.
Think about it-- where do you do the best thinking? Where does your singing sound the best? Where can you read in peace? Where can you doing anything in peace? Where can you relax in a mass of bubble bath by candlelight? Where does the lighting bring out your natural glow? Where do you feel the freshest?
The bathroom.
In short, the bathroom is a wonderful place. It's clean and bright and it can make you feel like you're living in a Roman palace... or bath house.
Really, I can't think of a better room to live in. There would be no waiting to pee and no yelling at someone else to get out of the shower. It's always a comfortable temperature and it's never too noisy or too quiet.
Also, no one would ever question your personal hygiene.

No comments:

Post a Comment