Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Issue With Fun Dip


My one issue with Fun Dip is one that I feel like many people encounter when trying to enjoy this amazingly delicious and fun treat. It's a very simple issue that seems very illogical to me, and I would really like to know why it exists.
My issue is that a full package of Fun Dip comes with three packets of candy powder, but only two candy sticks to eat them with.
It really boggles my mind.
I just don't get why people who make candy for a living would be so inconsiderate.
So of course, I looked it up and got a bunch of Yahoo! Answers that were just blind guesses by random people who don't get it either. I looked and looked, but to no avail. There just didn't seem to be any logical reason behind it. However, I did find out that originally, it was sold under the name Lik-M-Aid and usually came with two powders and one stick (so still, wtf?) and that the flavor of the sticks is marshmallow!
Anyway, the question was still bugging me so I decided to get the answer from someone who may actually know it: the Wonka candy people.
(That is, the people who work for the Wonka division of Nestle, not the oompa loompas...)
So I went onto Nestle's website and clicked on "Contact Us" and wrote them with my question.
The message is as follows:

To the person in charge of the Wonka candy division,

I'm not sure if you get a lot of questions about this or not, but I thought I'd go ahead and ask: Why is it that "Fun Dip" candy packs come with three packets of candy powder, but only two candy "Lik-a-Stiks"? Is it a cost issue, or is there another reason behind this decision?
It's just that I can't always handle eating all three packets at once, so I like to cut them off and eat them one at a time. This usually means that I end up using the first stick up on the first packet, and then when I get down to the last two packets, I'm only left with one stick so I use it for the first of the two and then try to save it for later use with the last one. As you can see, this poses a problem because not only is my stick now half licked, but there is also the issue of what to do with that sticky stick. Where should I put it?
I just feel that it would be a whole lot easier for everyone if you included a third stick in the package, and I hope that you will consider this as something worthwhile, because it would make a lot of Wonka candy consumers very happy.
Yours,
Marguerite Sacerdote

No comments:

Post a Comment